Welcome to the burn injury center. This is the first stop on the long road to recovering money damages. So you can learn about getting paid for grave and debilitating burns. Do you have scalded or seared skin caused or created by no fault of your own? Then read on and learn your legal rights and what to do from legal experts.
Table of Contents:
Learn Your Burn Injury Legal Rights.
When you or a loved one suffers burns caused by the actions or inaction of another, you have certain rights. So you can sue an individual, company, employer or manufacturer if you have evidence of fault. In other words, you need to pin down evidence of negligence under the laws that protect victims.
Evidence in Burn Cases.
Evidence can come in the form of failure to act. Sometimes there is a smoking gun showing recklessness. This could be a videotape for example. Other times you need to do investigations to determine who is most at fault. Also, it could be many defendants, not just one. So when defendants cause injuries otherwise avoidable, they get held accountable under tort law.
Additionally, this includes makers and sellers of defective products. Manufacturers perhaps failed to conduct safety checks. Perhaps the product’s design should have been more rigid. Maybe then the injury would not have happened. Injured victims hold negligent parties or entity responsible by filing a civil lawsuit.
Also, we understand some families have suffered financial and emotional devastation. Losing their breadwinner means they need to get concerned about consulting a lawyer. But they often fear blame could get put onto their loved one. So even though victims suffered physical effects of searing, the wrongdoer gets off scot-free.
Who Is At Fault?
The experienced attorney will tell any family suffering wounds; they need their rights protected. Even if victims share some fault in their accident, they can still get money. Also, it’s not uncommon for a fire injury case to have more than one party at the blame. Besides, what do you have to lose in speaking to a lawyer? After all, it’s confidential.
One of the times a family might feel this way is when the injuries become suffered due to defective products. But it could also be in the workplace. Also, there can be other parties that are negligent. So they can get held accountable for contributing to the accident. Because of their negligence, it resulted in you getting parched, or set ablaze. Did your loved got reduced to ashes in an unforeseen event like a car fire? If so, survivors can recover compensation.
- Physical Injuries and Disabilities
- Severe Scarring
- Emotional Anguish
- Body Chemistry Changes
- Continued Pain, even after injuries heal.
- Disfigurement to skin, facial features, the facial skin and extremities
- Internal Organ Damage
Burn Injury Statistics, Factors, and Numbers.
Annually in the United States, there are approximately 2.4 million burn claims reported. Also, about 75,000 of these incidents require hospitalization. Most of all, they arise from house fires, car fires, and machinery. They can also come about from situations involving heat and combustion. Unfortunately, not all people set on fire, or badly roasted report these to hospitals. So for whatever reason, all we have are estimates and not real numbers.
Where to Turn For Advice About Compensation?
After the suffering of severe burn injuries, by you or a loved one, it is important to consult an experienced lawyer. Ehline Law Firm can evaluate your case and explain your legal options. These lawyers can help you hold the negligent party or entity responsible. The end game is to recover you the compensation you deserve.
- Recovering Hospital Costs
- Future Medical Costs
- Skin Grafts
- Cosmetic Surgery and Scar Revision Surgery
- Physical Therapy: Outpatient or inpatient.
- Occupational Therapy
- Counseling for Emotional Distress
- Lost Wages
- Future Earnings: When there is a burn injury disability.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Can help the burn injury victim unable resume a normal career path. So they will get retrained in a new job.
- Pain and Suffering: Obtained when the accident and injuries suffered got caused by negligence. In some cases where there will be ongoing pain and suffering. Also, there can be compensation recovered for the future.
- Compensation for Loss of Consortium: This is compensation that can get obtained by the spouse. So it is separate from any other part of the burn injury lawsuit. This is a case brought, due to the burn injury victim’s loss of life or inability to have spousal relations. So it is primarily caused by the severity of injuries. Included can be money for loss of companionship, affection, society, support and solace.
Hire the Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC Now
When you or a loved one has suffered serious burn injuries it is crucial to know your legal rights. Hence, you must consult an experienced attorney. Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC have the experience. Also, they have the resources to ensure your rights get protected. So that way you can recover the maximum amount of compensation. Contact our legal professionals at (888) 400-9721.