Ehline Law Fights for Pedestrians’ Rights in Long Beach City
Were you hurt in the LBC while walking around, just minding your own business, trying to cross the road? Don’t despair. Our experienced staff is here for you right now! Ehline Law has won millions of dollars for a wide variety of personal injury victims. Our independent advocates are waiting to help you win your case too. Call us immediately at (888) 400-9721 for a free case analysis.
Combing through the high amount of traffic in the tourist areas of Long Beach is part of our practice. Thus, we are used to dealing with a large number of pedestrians that share the roadways. Noteworthy here is the fact that not everyone observes traffic laws. So this can be devastating for the person traveling on foot.
When the rules that govern right-of-way at crosswalks, stoplights or stop signs are not observed, collisions occur. Often the tragedy is from a motor vehicle and pedestrian. Below, we discuss various details and information that you will need when faced with a wreck. Hunting down a motivated, and aggressive legal representative is not so easy.
Table of Contents:
Causes of Long Beach Pedestrian Accidents.
- Dangerous Intersections: The design of some intersections contribute to accidents. This is especially true if they are on a curve, in an area where there is no adjoining traffic light or stop sign.
- Driver Negligence: The driver that is not paying full attention to the roadway is a disaster. Thus, this is because they are talking on a cell phone, texting, drinking, eating, changing the radio station. They may also be involved in other activities that cause a distraction. Anything that takes their eyes off the road is a problem.
- Confused Drivers: Some drivers become confused when driving in Long Beach if they are not familiar with the area. When attempting to read a map, watch the GPS navigation system or watch street signs, they might not see the pedestrian. In other words, they may not be able to avoid the collision.
- Aggressive Driving: This is the driver that does not obey traffic laws. A person like this violates traffic signals, signs, and the pedestrian’s right-of-way. This can also involve improper turning and unsafe speeds. Coincidentally, these are two of the top causes of pedestrian accidents. Road rage can be another factor in the pedestrian versus motor vehicle accident.
- Common Driver Maneuvers: There are some typical maneuvers high on the statistical data for pedestrian and motor vehicle accidents.
- People making a left turn
- Individuals making a right turn
- Drivers making a U-turn
- Backing up the vehicle
The Streets of Long Beach are Always Busy.
It is a daily routine for most adults and children to cross the street daily. Children crossroads when they are walking to school, to the bus stop or friend’s houses. Adults cross the street many times in a day when going to work, out for lunch or running errands. But usually, this is done without any thought to the danger that is involved.
Every year in the United States the act of walking across the street for thousands of adults and children ends severe injuries or death. This is compounded in the LBC. Long Beach has some unusual dangers, such as a huge number of port delivery vehicles and public buses.
Anyone who has been to the Aquatic Marina has probably faced municipal public transit. This means dealing with cars and other vehicles at the roundabout near the water fountain.
Due to the Aquarium, eating establishments, and stacked parking lot, so near to a four-way stop, and the design and location of the crosswalk, many close calls have been narrowly avoided at just this one location. Despite the glaring risks in this city for people on foot, people will brave shootings. Victims will even risk attacks against homosexuals, to visit this town.
If you or a family member were injured in a pedestrian incident, there is an action that can be taken to help your case.
- Call the cops. If you can’t get through to 911, call the Long Beach PD. Afterward, order a copy of the police report (Click here.)
- If the LBC police refuse to give you a copy, call the City Attorney or make a FOIA request (Learn More.) Of course, you could always just get a PI lawyer.
- Get immediate medical treatment (This goes without saying.)
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses to the incident.
- Take photos of the scene if possible and document any information about the accident.
- Have pictures of the injuries made.
- Do not speak with the other party’s insurance company. To be done by your lawyer ONLY.
- Retain qualified experienced representation as soon as you are able. If they are good, they will investigate the mishap, collect evidence before it is destroyed, altered or erased, interview witnesses, take notes, make a record, and file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations.
If you hire a terrible lawyer, then you will in all likelihood be seeking the representation of a legal malpractice attorney. Thus, you may have to sue the incompetent legal “representative” that you just retained to screw up your case. There are other areas of this site devoted to personal injury lawyer selection. They can be helpful in this regard.
Protecting the Pedestrian’s Rights at Crosswalks
When you have been the victim of a distracted driver, you need legal help. When hurt at an unsafe intersection you will not know where to go for legal help. The same applies to the family of a pedestrian that has been killed while crossing the street.
No matter what, people need their valuable rights protected. Was your child run over by a motor vehicle that left the roadway and ended up on the sidewalk for example? The child and family need the representation of the of experienced counsel.
The accomplished legal advocates at Ehline Law Firm assist in recovering compensation. We help with recovery for losses like medical expenses, and loss of income. Rehabilitation costs are not cheap. Therefore, you may need the money you get for pain and suffering to cover bills. Our firm has an excellent record for obtaining the compensation in thousands of cases. These are cases where the victims were on foot.
Retaining the Services of a Great Lawyer
Thus, hiring a terrific lawyer is essential. Thus, it should always be done quickly. The scene of the accident can change fast. Changes will result in the loss of critical evidence. Besides, witnesses can forget essential details over time. Delaying hiring a knowledgeable attorney can reduce the damages recovered in your case. Ehline Law Firm focuses on negligence law. This winning firm has the experience and resources necessary. We will thoroughly investigate the incident and prepare an insurance or court claim.
Long Beach FSO Accident Stats: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/lgb/fsdo_aircraft/acc_inc_data/
Red Light Camera Statistics: http://www.bsa.ca.gov/pdfs/reports/2001-125.pdf
Application for release of collision traffic info: http://www.longbeach.gov/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=3369