Table of Contents:
Road Safety for Motorcyclists; Know Who Is Responsible.
Every state requires drivers and their vehicles to meet certain standards in order to help ensure safety on our nation’s roads. Drivers are also expected to drive safely and carefully as they commute around town. Car operators must obey the rules of the road to minimize dangers, etc.
Motorcycle riders are even expected to take separate rider tests. In fact, they can’t legally ride unless they certify they can drive safely with the unique requirements of a motorcycle. But who ensures that the roads are safe enough for the motorcyclist?
Most drivers probably realize that government agencies and sometimes individual companies are responsible for keeping our streets drivable, but most don’t realize how much responsibility these agencies have in actually keeping the streets safe.
While many smashups are due to driver negligence or bad decisions, a stunning number of accidents are due to negligence by private companies and government agencies, in doing their job of keeping the roads safe for all drivers, including motorcyclists. I bet you did not know that government agencies or companies could be held responsible.
But the government, such as Caltrans, or some other contractor hired by the government may be held liable under various statutes and codes, in these following situations:
- Roads are insufficiently repaired, leaving potholes, sinkholes, or cracks that cause unsafe driving conditions.
- Road repairs, temporary patches, or metal plates result in unsafe driving surfaces particularly in areas of low visibility.
- Signage warning drivers of construction is not there, or too hard to see.
- Signs warning of hazards inherent to the road, such as sharp turns, curves, slopes, or speed bumps, are absent or hard to see.
- Curves holding standing water or mud, cause slick conditions and decreased tire grip.
- Concrete, asphalt, rocks, gravel or other road repair materials are not cleaned up in a timely fashion from road repairs or even dump truck spills.
So What Happens if This Type of Situation Causes an Accident?
Before you even contact your insurance agent, contact an attorney specialized in motorcycle accidents caused by road conditions. Never assume that just because you employ the insurance agency, that they are going to do everything they can to pay all of your insurance and repair bills.
Insurance companies have their team of trial lawyers to protect their interests; let a qualified victim’s attorney defend yours. This helps provide a downed rider with hope and faith for a better tomorrow. Ehline Law has won numerous awards. Also, Ehline has recovered a treasure trove in winnings from the various defendants and their insurance companies. So we have gone up against the best and won. In fact, we satisfy our clients and arm them with our representation, which is second to none.
If you want an advocate with multiple years of experience, and an exceptional track record of success in protecting motorcycle riders in California, call (888) 400-9721. The Ehline Law Firm has represented magnitudes of motorcycle riders. Also, we have recovered millions upon millions of dollars in the process. As a matter of fact, we did so for mentally and physically afflicted victims. Let us help you in your hour of need. Feel free to browse our website to learn more.