About the Torrance Dog Bite Attorneys At Ehline Law Firm
In the United States, annually, there are over 4.7 million dog bites reported. Adding injuries from other domestic and exotic animals makes the 4.7 million figure higher. Any dog can attack, even pets that are friendly. Getting bitten can be distressing, painful and in some cases, it can change the victim’s life.
So it’s probably a good idea when you or a loved one is in a Torrance dog bite attack to consult an established lawyer. Furthermore, you must do so rapidly. Waiting and sleeping on your rights is devastating to most claims. The winning dog bite attorney in Torrance, California, can assist in recovering monetary losses. Various damages are both tangible and intangible.
If this is the kind of legal help you seek, Ehline Law Firm lawyers have excellent reputations for getting the best results. Hence, they have done so in thousands of personal injury cases. So many of these cases involved dog bite injury claims. With offices in Torrance, we are local to you. But we have no issue with traveling to you if that makes it more convenient. We will do whatever it takes to demonstrate our resolve. That’s why Michael Ehline is a Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Personal Injury Warrior member.
In Torrance or any other location after a brutal canine attack, you should hire a legal expert. Thus, this injury lawyer should know the nuances of dog bite cases. Particularly relevant here is that Ehline Law Firm specializes in this kind of claim.
This successful law firm has the necessary experience and bankroll to investigate the incident. Ehline Law Firm has an impressive record of winning money for individuals. As noted, Ehline’s awards include millions of dollars paid on behalf of the downtrodden.
When you or a loved one are bitten, there are some actions you can take, which are important.
- Get medical attention immediately. Even if you feel the dog bite is not dangerous. Because if the skin has broken, this type of harm can carry a high risk of infection and other complications.
- Tell the owner of the dog and save any information about the dog and the owner.
- Report the dog bite attack to the local animal control officials.
- Document any contact information for any witnesses to the assault.
- Take or have photos taken of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a reputable dog bite lawyer as soon as you are ready. Hiring an attorney quickly will allow them to investigate the incident to preserve evidence and file the legal documents for your claim on time.
- Do not speak with the dog owner’s insurer; leave this up to your attorney.
When a Minor is Victimized
In many dog bite assaults, the victim is a minor. There are special protections for kids offered by the state. Hence, often a settlement for a child injury victim must get court approval. The court may order the child’s financial recovery be deposited into a protected account. Finally, it will remain there until the child reaches the age of majority (18 years of age). This secure account must be interest bearing and federally insured.
It is possible in many dog bite incidents to settle the claim without going to court. Hence, one can resolve the matter with a negotiated settlement or arbitration. But sometimes the only option left is to go to court. So in that case, the dog bite injury lawyer will seek all the liable parties to name in the lawsuit. Furthermore, defendants may include more than one side in some cases. Most importantly, the trial that involves multiple parties can increase the recovery in your case for your losses.
The parties that are named in a dog bite lawsuit include:
- The owner of the dog
- The caretaker or keeper of the canine
- Residential property owners
- People living in apartments
- Commercial property owners
Compensation recovered by victims may be from a settlement, mediation or by going to trial. If we cannot settle, then we consider going to trial. So typically the lawsuit gets filed at the local Torrance Superior Court. Ehline attends court here often. So he knows the ins and outs.
Michael also knows the judges who seem to be more plaintiff-friendly, or not. Because of this, we find out when we need to paper a judge (file a CCP Section 170.6 Motion). So what does “papering a judge” mean? Unlike federal court, you get one peremptory challenge to recuse the judge assigned to your matter. Do you want to learn more about this? If you do, take a gander at California Code of Civil Procedure 170.1-170.6 et. esq.
We also know when to stay the course and prove the case. So our clients can rest with supreme confidence that we will get them the best results. Do you want this kind of legal representation? If so, call us right now.
This award of a financial recovery is for the injuries and losses that were a result of the incident such as:
- Medical costs
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Assisted living services
- Loss of present income
- Loss or reduction of future income
- Pain and suffering
- If the owner or caretaker of the animal was incredibly reckless, a punitive award can be sought. So if individuals instigated or permitted the attack, there may be an extra prize. Punitives are a financial award meant to punish the person, whose actions were extreme.
If you or a family member has suffered injuries from a dog bite incident Ehline Law Firm can help. Our experts assist you in recovering compensation for your damages. Furthermore, our Torrance dog bite injury lawyers offer a free consultation. Because of this, we can evaluate your claim and discuss your legal options. Therefore, you should contact us at (888) 400-9721. Besides this, you may also try using our contact form on the website.
Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys APLC
21250 Hawthorne Blvd. #5007
Torrance, CA 90503